Subject: Toshiba Tecra 750CDT and a PCMCIA 3C589D = Failed boot...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Brown <dbrown@ccdc.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/1998 00:24:46
Folks,

After a somewhat long evening of floppy disk swapping, I've managed to get
the above Toshiba to the point where it boots into single-user mode. This
involved building a custom kernel to avoid erroneous detection of a wss0 in
the presence of a sb0, using the mini-root, and some judicious mounting, but
that's another story.

The current problem lies in trying to boot the portable with a Network card.
It comes with the 3Com Etherlink III, which is correctly identified by the
kernel as 'ep1 : <bla>', after which its MAC address is printed out, and then
... nothing. No further messages are printed. Nada.

I've tried playing with the PCMCIA definitions in the kernel, but currently to
no avail, so as I'm tired and I really need this portable to be working
soon, (and nslookups are now failing on mail-index.netbsd.org), I was
wondering if ...

... some else has trodden this path before, and can point me to a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Dan.