Subject: New snapshot: 19980930
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/1998 22:49:14
Hi,

I've just finished uploading an i386 snapshot of NetBSD-current
compiled from sources SUPed 30 Sep 1998.  The snapshot is
available from

   ftp://ftp.ntnu.no/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snap-19980930/

The sources used when compiling this snapshot can be found in

   ftp://ftp.ntnu.no/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/src-19980930/

(Ok, the sources are not architecture-dependent, but...)

This snapshot is compiled using gcc, due to the warnings I've
spotted recently on the NetBSD lists about the current version of
egcs.

To make the kernels and the boot code fit on the boot floppies,
I've had to resort to stripping the install kernels.  To make it
somewhat possible to trace things if the install kernels should
fall over flat on their bellies, I've made available copies of
the various INSTALL* kernels (the versions before the ramdisk
image is injected) in the snap- directory.

Offhand I can't think of other serious things I've done to the
sources.  I have made a few adjustments to the filesets so that
the filesets matched what was actually installed, but that's to
be expected, I guess.

I cannot claim that this has received thorough testing, but at
least the compile host has managed to stay up for over a week,
and during that time it's compiled the tree quite a few times (a
few times with egcs before I heard that might not be a good
idea).  So, as always, use at own risk.

Regards,

- H=E5vard