Subject: Re: Install NetBSD from FAT32
To: None <rsguo@ms25.hinet.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/05/1998 08:33:16
On Oct 5, rsguo@ms25.hinet.net wrote
> If I want to install NetBSD from the FAT32 partition, how should I do?

Just create a fat32 partition (primary) and put the binary sets on it.
Then when you boot from floppy, first go to 'utility' menu and start a
/bin/sh. 'mkdir /dos, mount /dev/wd0e /dos' to mount your dos partition.
Then exit from the shell, you're back in the install tool. Chose
'Install NetBSD'.
Of course you need to have your fat partition to leave enouth room for
NetBSD on the disk.

> Does it must install from the FAT16 partition?

No, NetBSD can read/write fat32 paritions just fine.
> Can each hard disk have two NetBSD partition?

Hum, no. Why would you do that ?