Subject: ProAudio Spectrum SCSI- How does it work?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ruschmeyer, John <jruschme@att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/1998 14:59:02
I'm starting to look at support for the SCSI controller on the PAS-16 as
port of the NCR5380 driver. (BTW, the official name is 'nca', ala its
counterpart in FreeBSD.)

If I understand what I'm reading in the FBSD and Linux drivers, it appears
that the 8 NCR registers are actually mapped across two sets of 4. The first
is located at the SCSI port address and the second some 0x2000 higher. This
brings me to some questions:

1) Any PAS-16 gurus know if I am reading this right (e.g., the two sets of
ports)?

2) How do I set this up under bus_space(). I currently do a bus_space_map()
on the tag passed to the attach routine to get a handle. I assume I would
need to generate a second tag for the second port range and map a handle for
it also. Is this correct? If so, can someone point me to some sample code
for how to set up a tag by hand?

Thanks...

<<<John>>>

"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad