Subject: Re: Random lockups under -current
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/18/1998 18:25:00
On Sep 18,  9:21am, Jukka Marin wrote:
>> Dave Huang <khym@bga.com> typed:
>> :Has anyone else been experiencing random lockups? I've got a Pentium
>> :with 64MB RAM, 53c810 and 53c875 SCSI adapters running NetBSD-current,
>> :and for the past maybe 3 weeks or so, it's been locking up for no
>> :apparent reason.
<snip>
>My laptop running 1.3F locked up yesterday while I was using X (trying
>to eject a CD by hitting the eject button of xmcd, more specifically).
>No ping, no crash dump, no nothing.  The IDE bus LED was off, so I guess
>it wasn't accessing the CD-ROM (ATAPI) or hard disk at the time of the
>lockup.

I've also been suffering random lockups on a TX-PRO w/ 233MHz K6 CPU.
Even when the machine was completely idle.  I thought that the caches
might have something to do with it, so I disabled them.  The system
is much slower, it hangs less often, but it does still occasionally
hang.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Yinkel, n.:
	A person who combs his hair over his bald spot, hoping no one
will notice.
		-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"