Subject: Re: Version of db hashing in NetBSD 1.32?
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/16/1998 11:46:12
Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca> writes:
> What version of db is included with NetBSD 1.32, and is incorporated into it
> libc?  Is it db 1.8.5 or a newer db 2.x.x version?
> [ ... ]
> This would be strange,
> considering that 1.8.5 is a few years old, unsupported, and is missing many
> useful features.

it's 1.8.x.

DB 2.* has a new and different license, which, because of the goals of
the NetBSD project, is unacceptable for inclusion in our libc.

As for the rest of your questions, I really don't have a clue.
However, i'd bet that if you install db as an optional, local library,
etc., it'll work out just fine.  (I wouldn't try to integrate it into
your libc, if that's what you were thinking of doing...)

cgd
Plug: Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today! http://www.netbsd.com/