Subject: Re: rzsz transfer problem
To: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@geeknet.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/08/1998 12:41:53
On Tue, Sep 08, 1998 at 10:02:27AM -0400, Chris Rupnik wrote:

>  However, from either machine, if i log and attempt to transfer a file
> via the rzsz package, it cannot transfer more than about 4k. I will get
> a flood of bad crc, and then the transfer will abort.

I've seen this... It appears to me that the rz in our package system is
somewhat buggy. I couldn't get it to work with SecureCRT, for instance.
I found some source on the net aeons ago, and I tried that... It worked
fine where our package system rz failed. I'll try to dig up a reference
to the source somewhere, although I fear that I lost track of it sometime
in the distant past. I think I only have the binaries now, which isn't
good, IMHO.

PS: I *was* able to get the package system rz to work for small test-case
files, but not for anything even vaguely meaty. It seemed to have particular
problems dealing with binary files.

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us..acheron.dyn.ml.org/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments