Subject: Re: Linux Netscape Communicator 4.06 very buggy under NetBSD.
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/08/1998 07:32:35
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@panix.com> writes:

> I can report quite a bit of success using the 4.5 public beta under Linux
> emulation.  It seems much less buggy than any 4.0X version I've tried
> (BSDI or Linux) and is a *lot* faster, particularly when using Java.

Ditto -- and if I used Netscape for email, I'd definitely prefer 4.5
over any other version.  The user interface is much better, and the
improved IMAP support, including multiple inboxes, is also a big plus.
I've used it to move a _lot_ of email around between systems, and I
forced myself to use it as my primary email client for a while, just
to be sure I could safely recommend it to my users.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"