Subject: de driver problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@staff.argonet.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/03/1998 21:15:31
Hi,

I'm having problems with the de driver. it receives fine, but transmitting
only manages 300-400 k/sec. I'm using the latest sources:

/*      $NetBSD: if_de.c,v 1.76 1998/08/28 20:58:37 drochner Exp $      */
/*      $NetBSD: if_devar.h,v 1.28 1998/08/13 02:10:53 eeh Exp $        */

when i'm loged into the machine output on the terminal sometimes pauses
briefly, - and looking at the activity light on the hub the machine is on
when testing the speed of the driver with ttcp rather than a continus
flicker it stops and starts.

dmesg output:

de0 at pci0 dev 10 function 0
de0: interrupting at irq 10
de0: 21140A [10-100Mb/s] pass 2.2
de0: address 00:c0:f0:31:92:e2
de1 at pci0 dev 11 function 0
de1: interrupting at irq 9
de1: 21140A [10-100Mb/s] pass 2.2
de1: address 00:c0:f0:31:84:32

I've compiled it with TULIP_DEBUG defined and it recives slightly slower,
but transmits slightly fatser! I don't get any additional output thats any
use tho. (just lots of stuff about autonegotiation).

The machines in question are unused atm so if anyone wants me to try any
patches etc i'd be glad to.

--
Jasper Wallace                                Argo Interactive Group PLC
+44 (0)1243 815815                                 Unix Systems support,