Subject: Re: Apm driver
To: None <mike@pelley.com>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/02/1998 15:46:35
[redirected to port-i386, it's not a generic issue]

Mike> I have a PC with an ATX power supply.  I would like to keep NetBSD from
Mike> calling the BIOS CPU idle function.  In the man page apm(4), it mentions
Mike> "The APM driver may be adjusted with several configuration options:
Mike> APM_NO_IDLE ..." which sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.  I just
Mike> don't know how to access this configuration option.

It's a kernel configuration option, add a line like
	options	APM_NO_IDLE
to your kernel config, rebuild the kernel (config, clean, depend, build)
and boot the new kernel.

--
==John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>, <john_kohl@alum.mit.edu>
Write a poem, share your heart!