Subject: HP Omnibook 2000 & NetBSD 1.3
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Janne Snabb <snabb@epipe.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/02/1998 03:42:53
It seems that in Finland currently the best deal for a low-end laptop
with a TFT display is a little obsolescent HP Omnibook 2000, model F1373A.

So, I'm considering buing one. I would appreciate any comments, either
positive or negative, on using NetBSD 1.3.x or -current and XFree86 on
such a machine (Omnibook 2000, F137xx or anything else like that). It
does have C&T 65554 display controller, so I assume that running X
shouldn't be a problem.

I tried searching port-i386 archives on the topic, but didn't find
anything. Does it mean that Omnibooks work smoothly with NetBSD or that
they are just not popular (maybe because they don't work :)?

Also general comments on Omnibook 2000s are welcome, but I suggest
mailing them privately to me as laptops in general are probably not an
acceptable topic on this list :-).

Thanks,
--
Janne Snabb / Broken Pipe Oy