Subject: Re: sound
To: Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/28/1998 15:54:07
On Aug 28,  3:21pm, Joel Reicher wrote:
>AFAIK, wav files are not raw audio. Don't know the details of the format,
>but you should grab a program to play them. Raw files are usually .au

Ah, I didn't think of that.  Thanks.

Now, even though I crank up my speakers, and do:
 mixerctl -w outputs.output=255
 mixerctl -w outputs.master=255

the sound output is only medium volume.  These same speakers positively
blast when I crank things up on my Mac.

Is there any other way to up the volume?

Thanks,
~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Our country has plenty of good five-cent cigars, but the trouble is
they charge fifteen cents for them.