Subject: Re: Apache mod_perl DSO
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/28/1998 18:22:35
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Curt Sampson wrote:

: > The problem is teaching Perl how to do static, a.out shared, and ELF shared
: > all in one.  The "automatic shared object handling" that Al added will help,
: > but there's a good bit of perl configuration fixes that would be needed.
:
: Shouldn't libtool be able to do this for us? I just converted MySQL
: to use libtool, so I'm getting used to libtool/automake/autoconf hell.

Look at how Perl builds its stuff, barf, look again, give up.  :>  It would
probably be easier just to put in logic to DTRT with ELF based on what Perl
does for Slowlaris.