Subject: Re: Apache mod_perl DSO
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/28/1998 18:17:10
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Curt Sampson wrote:

: > Like what?  For starters, the libperl our pkg-version of perl creates isn't
: > shared, which kind of precludes a DSO of mod_perl just yet.
:
: Oh, is that the problem? Ok, I'll look into it.

You'll need an industrial size opener for that can of worms.

The problem is teaching Perl how to do static, a.out shared, and ELF shared
all in one.  The "automatic shared object handling" that Al added will help,
but there's a good bit of perl configuration fixes that would be needed.