Subject: sound
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/1998 22:06:47
OK, I know I've seen stuff about sound on the lists in the past, but in
my search of the faqs and of the maillist search engine, I come up empty.

Here's the deal.  My sound looks like it's getting configured:

pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
midi0 at pcppi0: <PC speaker>
<snip>
isapnp0: read port 0x203
isapnp0: <CMI8330. Audio Adapter, @@@0001, , > port 0x530/8,0x388/8 irq 11 drq 0
 not configured
isapnp0: <CMI8330. Audio Adapter, @H@0001, , > port 0x320/2 irq 5 not configured
isapnp0: <CMI8330. Audio Adapter, @P@0001, , > port 0x200/8 not configured
sb1 at isapnp0 port 0x220/16 irq 5 drq 1,5
sb1: CMI8330. Audio Adapter : dsp v4.13
midi1 at sb1: <SB MIDI UART>
audio0 at sb1
opl0 at sb1: model OPL3
midi2 at opl0: <Yamaha OPL3>

When I try to make sound come out of the system, nothing happens until...

<34 gateway /kreversi/sounds># cat lost.wav > /dev/audio0
<35 gateway /kreversi/sounds># cat lost.wav > /dev/sound
<36 gateway /kreversi/sounds># cat lost.wav > /dev/speaker
/dev/speaker: Device not configured.
<37 gateway /kreversi/sounds># cat lost.wav > /dev/audio

/dev/audio gives me static.  Everything else is nada.  What can I look
at to try getting sound out of this beast?

Thanks,
~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

"It's not Camelot, but it's not Cleveland, either."
		-- Kevin White, mayor of Boston