Subject: Re: anybody running on Libretto?
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/1998 08:24:51
In message <19980827020224G.kenn@synap.ne.jp>  Ken Nakata wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering purchasing a Toshiba Libretto 70, and wondering if
> anybody's already running NetBSD on it.  Official release or current
> snapshot.  If so, how about XFree86?

I'm running -current and XFree86 on a Libretto 50 (upgrded to 3.2G HD
and 32MByte). No Problems.
You have to do a network install as, the disk-drive is not supported yet.
Easiest way is to boot from the floppy and than plug in a ethernet card.

Disable the soundchip for installing and afterwards make a new kernel
with,
options         PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK=0xf918
options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE=0x400
options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE=0xbff

# and maybe you need this too
pcic0   at isa? port 0x3e0 irq 11 iomem 0xd0000 iosiz 0x4000

After that you can reenable the soundcard.

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center