Subject: Re: not configured, but works?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/25/1998 23:38:17
On Aug 25, 10:18pm, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Space Case wrote:
>> In the dmesg output below, you'll see four 'not configured' items:
>>  - an Acer Labs 0x1531 host bridge
>>  - a S3 0x8a01 VGA display
>>  - an Acer Labs M5229 IDE controller
>>  - the audio, which has four "not configured" lines itself
>>
>> The IDE and graphics seem to work even though it claims they're not
>> configured.  How can this be?
>
>To clarify things, what you're seeing is that these devices are not
>configured AS PCI DEVICES. To the extent that they have compatability mode
>support built in (IDE and VGA especially), they work.

So, if these things get configured ad PCI devices, then the kernel won't
try to configure them in compatibility mode?

If I find time to beat on it, where would be the best place in the code
to look to try working on the audio?

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus
handicapped.
		-- Elbert Hubbard