Subject: PCIC: PCI vs. ISA
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/25/1998 21:33:53
I'm trying to support the PCIC PCI attachment "correctly".  I've been
studying the PCIC code, looking at stuff that Dan Winship sent me, and
trying some stuff on my own.  In particular, I'm looking at the
CL-PD6729.  The BIOS doesn't write anything into the Interrupt Line
byte of the PCI Interrupt Register of the 6729, so I'd like to
allocate a free IRQ for its use.  However I won't know what IRQs are
free until after all the ISA devices are configured.

Is there a way to hold off on setting up the PCIC until after the ISA
devices are done?  Is there a way to determine if the ISA bus and its
devices have been configured yet?

--
   Johnny C. Lam
   Department of Statistics             lamj@stat.cmu.edu