Subject: Re: PCMCIA support question...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/25/1998 08:28:12
>My understanding was that the PCMCIA interface chose an IRQ, and the OS was
>supposed to query to find out what it was, but a scan of the source looks
>more like the system chooses a free IRQ and attempts to tell the PCMCIA
>interface to use that IRQ.  Is there a way to suppress this apparently
>Quixotic behavior, and just acquire setting information from the hardware?

>From looking at the PCMCIA code and documentation, that's not how it
works at all.  Those interrupts are programmed completely in software
(like PCI).  From looking at other OS's source code, they seem to do
the same thing .... allocate a free IRQ and assign it to the card.
With the current default IRQ mask, however, IRQ 10 is masked out, so
you're never going to get it assigned to your card.

Does setting PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK not work for you?  I agree that
it sucks, but it should be enough to get you going.

--Ken