Subject: Re: Support for AIC-7890, Intel 82558?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Paul M. Newhouse <newhouse@pimin.rockhead.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/25/1998 00:03:30
Michael K. Sanders wrote:

>In message <199808242136.PAA25021@shell.aros.net>, "Michael K. Sanders" writes:
>>The Tyan has onboard everything, *plus* 6 PCI slots.  It's also
>>dual-processor, and runs ~$470-500.
>
>Hmm.  I might have to look at it.  I know that when I was doing larger-scale
>support, we had a lot of problem reports that turned out to have to do with
>some Tyan board models, but I don't think we ever saw any that never worked,
>we just saw some where there had been a bad batch or two.

Well, if you're in that monetary ballpark you might as well look at SuperMicro
as well.  The P6DLH has 9-PCI slots (we had really good luck with P6DNH2's with
PPro 200's 8-PCI slots).  The onboard i960's seemed to boost the IO performance
quite nicely.  Ok, you're lookin' at ~$650.

That's my 2 cents,
Paul