Subject: Re: 3Com Etherlink III
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/25/1998 08:08:18
In message <Pine.GSO.3.99.999.9808241625190.6735-100000@deceit.anim.dreamworks.com>  David Brownlee wrote:
> 	I had exactly the same experience on a thinkpad 560 and 3c589 -
> 	it turned out to be a port conflict - try moving it away from
> 	0x330-0x33f, maybe with
>
> 	options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE=0x2a0
>         options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE=0x060

You can try:
    options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE=0x400
    options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE=0xbff

This gets you out of most conflicts and should work on most systems.
If NetBSD trys to set you to 0x330 then the above should work, if it
goes for 0x300 it won't work.

(see  comment in sys/dev/isa/i82365_isasubr.c line 178)

It works on my Libretto and various cards.

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center