Subject: Re: PCMCIA and IRQ's...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/20/1998 11:18:35
>Has anyone tried the PCMCIA support on a Cirrus Logic '2932' (I think that's
>the right number) cardbus/pcmcia chipset?  My problem has been that it says
>	Cirrus Logic product 0x1110 (revision 0xc1) at pci0 dev 10 function 0
>	not configured
>(and again for function 1), and then never seems to find anything on it.
>Later, it probes for a pcic on the ISA bus, and finds it... It even finds
>a card plugged in.

Those chips all emulate a Intel 82365 PCIC controller (which, as it turns
out, you can't even get a datasheet for anymore), so not probing
them on the PCI bus isn't that criticial.  You'd need to talk to the
PCI slot if you want to do CardBus (and there's been some talk about
that).

>When I try to 'ifconfig sm0' (it's a megahertz ethernet), the system
>says
>	pcmcia1: card irq 4
>and hangs.

It is possible there's something on IRQ 4 and you're getting an
interrupt conflict?  If so, you can compile the kernel with the
PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK option set to mask out IRQ4 .

--Ken