Subject: PCMCIA and IRQ's...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/20/1998 09:12:46
Has anyone tried the PCMCIA support on a Cirrus Logic '2932' (I think that's
the right number) cardbus/pcmcia chipset?  My problem has been that it says
	Cirrus Logic product 0x1110 (revision 0xc1) at pci0 dev 10 function 0
	not configured
(and again for function 1), and then never seems to find anything on it.
Later, it probes for a pcic on the ISA bus, and finds it... It even finds
a card plugged in.

When I try to 'ifconfig sm0' (it's a megahertz ethernet), the system
says
	pcmcia1: card irq 4
and hangs.

If I have Plug-N-Play turned on, it hangs during boot if the card is in,
but recovers if I take the card out during the boot.  With PNP off, it
boots fine, and hangs when I try to use the slot.

Curiously, carriage returns still scroll the console, but ctl-alt-del doesn't
do anything.

The system also seems to hang if I try to use a PCMCIA SCSI controller.

This is running -current as of yesterday.

-s