Subject: Re: partition sizes?
To: None <langer@cichlids.com>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/19/1998 19:46:51
> Jonathan Stone schrieb:
> > Such "secondary" partitions aren't bootable (so you can't put NetBSD
> > in one) and they're often invisible to other OSes anyway.
>
> But I also cannot mount my DOS Partition which is in an extended.

Of course you can.  You only need to have a partition in your BSD disklabel
that correctly represents the secondary partition contained in the extended
partition.  As I said in my previous mail, NetBSD/i386 doesn't (currently?)
collect this information for you on disks that don't have a BSD disklabel,
so you have to construct a proper label yourself.  Also note, that you
loose a partition entry where, from the 8 possible entries, 2 are already
reserved by convention (c and d).

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--