Subject: Re: partition sizes?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/19/1998 09:38:48
On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Simon Burge wrote:

: > ... or sysinst could have included /home in the standard partition layout.
:
: That's putting _far_ too much policy into sysinst than I would like to
: see.

Well, be glad it's not Sun, who thinks you need a separate /, /usr, /var,
/export, /opt, and /export/home even on a 600MB disk....  :)

As long as the "standard" layout can be edited, I'm all giddy either way.
(My disk is almost always just / and swap.  If I have a separate /usr, it's
either because it's another physical disk, or because the disk is >5GB.)