Subject: Re: Config ...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/17/1998 12:01:32
> > You tell the user they're an idiot. You sould not be changing the ID of
> > live devices.
>
> This can happen faster than you may think, just take one of the tape or
> OD librarys where you can change the SCSI ID's from the frontpanel.
> If you power cycle them before you store the stuff to NVRAM they'll
> change SCSI'ID.

 I do that - and changing IDs on hard drives or replacing a hard drive with
another w/o changing the ID - every now and then with my Amiga (AmigaDOS)
and my PC (WinNT).
Both do work fine after a rescan/reset of the SCSI-Bus. I really would
like to see that behaviour implemented into NetBSD.

--
Markus Illenseer