Subject: Re: kernel panic with GENERIC install kernel
To: Andrew Albinger <werdna@cedar-rapids.net>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/14/1998 09:29:46
	I had problems with NetBSD on non-PNP machines around that time.  You
might need a kernel without any isapnp in it.
-Brian

On Aug 13,  9:10pm, Andrew Albinger wrote:
} Subject: kernel panic with GENERIC install kernel
} I have recently dusted off the old 486 with netbsd 1.something on it and
} decided to
} upgrade to 1.3.2 by installing from scratch.
}
} The install via NFS seems to go fairly well, no errors etc  but when I
} reboot and let it boot off of wd0a with the generic kernel from kern.tgz
} I get a kernel panic
}
} It finds the cpu, ne1, 3 com ports, lpt, wdc,atapibus,wd0 wd1 npx pc0
} then if finds lms0 and immediatly a message appears saying:
}
} panic: intr_establish: can't share edge-triggered with pulsed
} Stopped at     _Debugger+0x4:  leave
}
} I have no idea what "the lms device is.  The only device I don't see in
} the list
} of stuff that was found was my 3.5" floppy drive.  I have looked in the
} BIOS settings to see if there is maybe some nifty options for setting up
} interrupts and such on the floppy but I cannot find anything that looks
} like it would help.
}
} My machine (if you can call it that :)  is a 80486dx2-66 24 meg ram
} ISA bus and all ISA cards.
} IDE controller is ISA and is setup with 2 IDE drives that are found
} correctly.
}
} Any help that could be sent my way would be appreciated.
}
} -Andrew Albinger
}
} --
} Andrew Albinger        Senior System Administrator, Frontier AST.
} werdna@cedar-rapids.net  werdna@iastate.edu  aalbinger@frontierast.com
} DoD#1767    "Live to Flame -- Flame to Live"
}
}