Subject: Re: Keyboard Crashes
To: None <dfraser@mother.com, port-i386@netbsd.org,>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/13/1998 11:02:14
Excerpts from netbsd: 13-Aug-98 Re: Keyboard Crashes Olaf
Seibert@polder.ubc. (1122)

> With pcvt I will start getting kernel error messages about timeouts when
> pcvt wants to twiddle the keyboard LEDs. With one keyboard they occur
> right from boot time, with another it starts after "a while".

I'm curious how the new wscons keyboard driver behaves
with such hardware.
Does somebody want to try?

The "NWSCONS" kernel configuration file contains everything
necessary to run old X servers. (The device special files have
to be added separately, and /dev/ttyvN should be symlinked to
/dev/ttyEN.)
Another way would be to add only the new keyboard controller:
pckbc0 at isa?
and connect pccons and pms to it:
pc0 at isa?
pcconskbd0 at pckbc?