Subject: Re: Laptop vagaries
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/12/1998 07:45:27
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> But what happens if your machine isn't in the table?  Suppose we'd
> done this for 1.3.2 and then Sony comes out with the VAIO, with a
> different mix of reatures from any previously-supported machine.
> VAIO owners are still stuck.
First, it might be close to one that is.  So all dell machines or
all ibm machines might be similar.  Second you might make some
generic safe configurations.  And Finally,  I use -current boot
floppies to install old systems (1.3.x)  So if we provided
-current boots with old releases, there would be no problem!!