Subject: Re: SMC EliteCard ? (fwd)
To: None <mda@mhri.edu.au>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/11/1998 10:29:30
You chimed in just in the midst of a long discussion on the fact that
installs on most laptops are difficult because of some issues in the
PCMCIA code. Some people were doubting that this was in fact the
case.

Write to me privately and I'll help you get up and running -- it is
going to require building a custom kernel for you.

Perry

Matthew Aldous writes:
> Hello,
>
> 	I've just hit a small hurdle trying to
> install netbsd-1.3.2 on an IBM ThinkPad 760EL. I've
> been unable to make an "SMC EliteCard" (PCMCIA ethernet
> adaptor) come to life - is it supported?
>
> (I've tried a netbsd-current, too. No luck.)
>
> Other PCMCIA devices (modems, etc) appear to be
> working - any advice appreciated.
>
> (relevant information below)

-
> mainbus0 (root)
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0
> pcib0: Intel 82371FB PCI-to-ISA Bridge (PIIX) (rev. 0x02)
> isa0 at pcib0
> pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd0000-0xd3fff: using irq 5
> pcic0: controller 0 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has sockets A and B
> pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
> pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
> pcmcia1: CIS version 2.0 or 2.01
> pcmcia1: CIS info: SMC, PCM Ethernet Adapter, CIS V1.05
> pcmcia1: Manufacturer code 0x108, product 0x105
> pcmcia1: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 10000 mask 3
> pcmcia1: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card; irq mask 8ebc; rdybsy_ac
tive wp_active bvd_active irqpulse