Subject: Re: PCIC interrupt selection
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/1998 18:28:57
Jason Thorpe writes:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:45:44 -0400
>  "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:
>
>  > You can pull the SCSI card, boot with just the ethernet, and download
>  > the sets over the ethernet. Then you build a custom kernel and put the
>  > SCSI card back.
>
> Well, it's now clear to me that you have no interest in doing the right
> thing.

You've said the right thing is to extensively hack autoconf. I have no
idea how to do that. There is no documentation for autoconfig, and I
don't have the ability to spend weeks learning how it works by reverse
engineering. I have no confidence anyone else is going to do "the
right thing" any time soon, either.

Assuming we were to do a kludge, you've suggested that we shouldn't
use sysctl, but you haven't presented a better kludge.

> Such as it is, I would apprecaite it if you now dropped the subject.

Why? So that we can leave this broken for the next release, and the
release after that, and the release after that?

Perry