Subject: Re: PCIC interrupt selection
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/1998 13:41:44
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:40:09 -0700
 Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

 > An interactive boot-time UI (wscons based, maybe?)  means more work
 > and may require backporting, rather than just a pullup.

Why does it have to care what console driver you use, and why does it
have to even be that pretty (i.e. arrows, scrolling, etc...)

Also, let me make this clear: I don't _care_ if it ever gets back-ported to
a previous release.  Simply put, the easy at which it is back-ported to
a previous release is an inappropriate thing to consider when designing
a solution to a problem.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942