Subject: Re: PCIC interrupt selection
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/1998 13:29:21
> But that is not the case of all PCMCIA devices, so a sysctl is NOT
> a general solution.

If you have a general solution in mind, this makes a pretty good
argument, but if you don't, it's not so great.   I mean, right now,
real people (including us, may I remind you?) can't install NetBSD off
a floppy.   This is a bug, not a feature.   Providing a mechanism
whereby this problem can be circumvented for the vast majority of
cases (who _installs_ to a SCSI PCMCIA device?) is a big win.   We
need either the real fix or some kind of hack.   This one sounds
viable to me.   Are you offering an alternative?

			       _MelloN_