Subject: Re: PCIC interrupt selection
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/1998 10:55:52
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Well, we need a solution here. We've been dilly-dallying about it for
> the last year. Maybe the sysctl solution isn't perfect, but it will at
> least help people doing installs get their ethernet cards up far
> enough that they can install their laptops and get to the point where
> they can build a custom kernel. We can tell them to keep the SCSI
> cards out while they do that.
>
> Right now they have no tool to boot up at all. The sysctl will at
> least get them part way.

I'm confused. sysctl's can't get run until autoconfig is done, and we
would need this info (interupts to use/not use) before autoconfig. How
would they help?

I'd think either some interactive thing, or a boot flag which gives a mask
would work better. The interactive thing'd be the easiest to use. ;-)

Take care,

Bill