Subject: Re: National Instruments GPIB support?
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu, snoonan@fcps.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/08/1998 02:42:12
Shelby <snoonan@fcps.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:
> > Has anyone worked on support for National Instruments GPIB cards?  When I
> > boot I see:
[...]
> I have one of these cards also (plus one with the 'other' chip on it.  I
> even have some time..   What are you trying to put on the bus?  I could
> try to MI the hp300 port's hpib (same as GPIB) bus code and then the cs80
> drives should just work..  but there is little support for anything else.

Ohh! This finally opens the way for PetBSD!

> Shelby Noonan
-Olaf.

Note for the humour impaired: the PET used to be a very popular lab
machine because it has a GPIB bus built-in. With its 8K of RAM and 1 MHz
6502 microprocessor, and let's not forget the first extended BASIC in
ROM, it was a nicely advanced machine for 1977. I still have a few
around.

--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ * You are not expected to understand this.    rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl