Subject: Re: Help! HD problems, ncr0: no ccb.
To: Lundman <lundman@argonaut.com>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/1998 09:15:50
	How are you ccd's configured?  Is it possible you don't have a SCSI
controller with enough scb's to allow it to process all of the outstanding
scsi requests from the SD driver?
-thanks
-Brian

On Jul 31, 11:58am, Lundman wrote:
} Having received no help I went ahead with trying the limited MAXPHYS
} kernel (set to 32k) and had partial success. I could now newfs the drive
} fine, and mount it. Proceeded to mount all other scsi drives (sd0-sd3)
} and everything ran for a wee while.
}
} But then I got the "no ccb" error on random drives, sd2 first, then sd3.
} Until eventually it fell over.
}
} In desperation we tried 16k as well, but then it doesn't even boot.
}
} Can anyone suggest anything that may help us?
}
} Thanks in advance.
}
} Lund