Subject: Re: PCIC interrupt selection
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/1998 01:47:36

>Marc> Another possibility is a sysctl.  The current code supports hot-insert
>Marc> (but not remove) in theory, but it doesn't always work for me.
>
>Except for the PCIC interrupt itself (and is that really used for
>anything?), a sysctl to set the mask of tolerable IRQs is fine--all the
>drivers delay IRQ allocation until they the device is opened, right?
>(ep, ed, com do that now, IIRC).

That's true; certainly it was true for the ethernet card we were using.

I personally think a sysctl is fine ... you'd need sysctl on the
install floppy, of course.  I also think Perry's suggestion of allocating
interrupts in reverse-order would work as well (but that might be hard,
because right now the pcmcia code calls isa_intr_alloc(), and I'm not
sure what changing the order of _that_ would do).

--Ken