Subject: Re: Disks not configured
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, shriver@research.bell-labs.com>
From: Liddy Shriver <shriver@research.bell-labs.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/1998 10:02:32

> There's been alot of discussion about disklabels, but noone has
> mentiond how to label the disk when the system says that it is not
> configured.  When I do a "disklabel -r sd0", I get
> "disklabel: /dev/rsd0d: Device not configured".  The disk
> (and 3 others) are seen at boot time, as can be seen below (they are
> sd0, sd1, sd2, and sd3).
>
> Any suggestions about what to do?
>
> (I had labels on them, but they just "disappered" for no
> apparent reason.  I never had a file system on them since I
> access them using raw I/O.)
>
> Liddy

[snip]

I finally worked out my problem.  I had been playing with the device
driver code and somehow my enivronment that I was using to build
my kernel in got messed up.  Doing a "make clean" in
/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/<MYCONF> wasn't enough; I had to
do a config <MYCONG> in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf.

Thanks to all with suggestions.

Liddy