Subject: Re: NetBSD on a Sony Vaio
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Marc Horowitz <marc@cygnus.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/1998 17:29:59
kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil (Ken Hornstein) writes:

>> BTW, has anyone thought about making the PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK
>> variable more easily configurable at run time?  (Say, for example,
>> from the install floppy? :-/)  That would have really helped me out
>> in this case.

There's no mechanism for this besides ddb, and ddb is not small enough
for the install kernel.  I have considered putting a very restrictive
mask in the INSTALL kernel, but until now, 9 would have been in it.  A
few weeks ago someone suggested replacing the mask with a preference
list.  This is also a good idea, but still isn't perfect.

Another possibility is a sysctl.  The current code supports hot-insert
(but not remove) in theory, but it doesn't always work for me.

		Marc