Subject: RE: NetBSD Hang after disklabel, xsm crash
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/1998 06:42:40
On 28-Jul-98 Gunnar Helliesen spoke unto us all:
#  Tim Rightnour wrote:
#  OK, now I'm confused. I thought that using partition d was a bad idea
#  but using partition c was OK, at least if c is offset 63 sectors from
#  the beginning of the disk.

It is a bad idea.  i386 for some strange reason (probably having to do with dos
partitions) has c marked as whole disk.

If it's working.. I certainly wouldn't mess with it.. but I really advise
strongly against doing that in the first place..  If you want to use the whole
disk, make a partition [aefgh] and use that to span the disk.. It will end up
causing you much less headaches in the future.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html