Subject: RE: NetBSD Hang after disklabel, xsm crash
To: Harald Bjoroy <harald@bitcon.no>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@staff.argonet.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/28/1998 16:36:52
On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Harald Bjoroy wrote:

> Just tell me how to get passed this, and I will try again. Someone
> suggested that I should vipe the disk - point me to the tools and I will
> get right at it.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rwd1c bs=1024k count=<size of discs in Mb>
			      ^-- this is where the 'whole disk' patririon
				  comes in usefull

This may not work - the kernel will want to know about the c partitoon and
will read the disklabel - and if the disklabel is what is causing the
problem in the first place...

--
Jasper Wallace                                Argo Interactive Group PLC
+44 (0)1243 815815                                 Unix Systems support,