Subject: RE: X stuff (mac68k and i386)
To: Dave Guynn <dguynn@geocities.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/28/1998 07:15:06
On 27-Jul-98 Dave Guynn spoke unto us all:
#  Okay, here is my problem, network, etc:
#
#  I have a NetBSD 1.3.2 i386 166 mhz 48 mb PC.
#  I have a NetBSD 1.2 (soon to be 1.3.2) IIcx with 20 mb ram
#  Can I run the PC as an X server for the IIcx? Also, is there a package

Yes.. it works quite well.. I have two i386's and a sparc all being used as
Xterms.  The main box runs Xdm, and sends login windows to the other (slower)
machines.  This allows me to login to the fast machine, and remote display
windows to it with great ease..

Set up XDM on the server, and then run X -broadcast on the client boxes, and
they will recieve a XDM login window from the server..  It takes some doing..
but it works like a charm.. and is actually fairly quick.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html