Subject: Re: NetBSD Hang after disklabel, xsm crash
To: Harald Bjoroy <harald@bitcon.no>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/28/1998 11:20:14
Harald Bjoroy wrote:

> I have tried to use the NetBSD install disk to write a new disklabel to
> the disk, but when I try disklabel on wd1 it hangs immediately, there =
> is
> no problems when I do a "disklabel -r wd0".

What about disklabel -r wd1 ?

> Also, I am having problems with xsm. If I start xdm, I can't log in
> using xdm, because xsm crashes. All users logging in get a
> "xsm.core" = in their home directory. I managed to find out that xsm
> reports "memory fault" when it crashes.

Funnily enough I had the same behaviour yesterday on a computer which
had a new ipnumber allocated to it, but said ipnumber had not yet been
entered in DNS. I take it xdm/xsm must be doing reverse lookups,
though for xsm to dump core I thought was a bit excessive. Didn't see
any "memory fault" reports though.

Cheers,

Patrick