Subject: ps2 mouse in GENERIC kernel.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/27/1998 13:03:48
For almost ever, the GENERIC configuration has not turned on pms mouse
support.  The reason for this is that the mouse would hang some
machines during probe.  A rather long time ago, I identified what I
thought the problem was with the mouse support.  Charles fixed the
problem.  As you can see from the code change below this was a major
typo.

I would like to reenable pms support for GENERIC (perhaps in time for
this new snapshot) because:
	1. It is believed to work now.
	2. If the mouse has some problems, they need to be fixed since
	   this mouse is so common.
	3. A generic kernel gets installed as part of sysinst and it
	   is silly to install X and not full mouse support.  (You can
	   not use X w/o a mouse.

The problem was:
1c1
< /*    $NetBSD: pms.c,v 1.34 1997/11/15 20:18:50 carrel Exp $  */
---
> /*    $NetBSD: pms.c,v 1.35 1997/12/18 16:49:10 mycroft Exp $ */
4c4
<  * Copyright (c) 1994 Charles Hannum.
---
>  * Copyright (c) 1994, 1997 Charles Hannum.
72c72
< #define       PMS_INT_DISABLE 0x65    /* disable controller interrupts */
---
> #define       PMS_INT_DISABLE 0x45    /* disable controller interrupts */
77,78d76
< #define       PMS_8042_CMD    0x65
<