Subject: Re: pb with a sound card
To: None <lifo@epita.fr>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/27/1998 13:21:28
> after recompiling my kernel, my sound card is detected at boot
> time, but when i send something on /dev/audio or on /dev/sound,
> this error arrives : "Device not configured"
>
> My sound card is PnP and work very well under an another OS.
> Does NetBSD accept PnP cards?
> Does anyone has a solution for me?

NetBSD has support for a few PnP Audio devices.

To be able to help you, you need to supply more information, such
as:

 o What architecture are you running on?  (I assume i386, so
   please redirect any followups as directed above.)

 o What version of NetBSD are you running?

 o What type of PnP audio card do you have?

 o What is the exact output when your audio card is detected
   during bootup?  (Output from "dmesg" required.)

Again, please direct followups as directed and not directly to
me, I'm not sure I can help but I *know* that the above
information is required to help you determine if your audio card
can be made to work with NetBSD.

Regards,

- H=E5vard