Subject: Re: NetBSD on a Sony Vaio
To: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/26/1998 15:22:08
>in my config file. This says to use irq 9,10,15 for pcmcia devices.
>Its odd that irq9 is bad, because it usually is a safe irq for
>devices.  You might try removing irq 9 and adding irq 11 above.
>(PS you can also patch the associated variable in the kernel debugger
>when you start up.)

Ah, okay .... I'll try this on my friend's machine (remember, though,
all we had was what was on the install floppy, because we didn't
have any way to install NetBSD).

>I trust this is the sony 3 lb machine.  I don't now what the sony
>pricing is but I really like my 560X which is 4lbs and has a bigger
>screen and keyboard than the new 3lb sony.

I think his 200MHz machine was $2000.  It is _really_ tiny, though.
BTW, does Sony still make the 560X?  I can't find it on their web
pages.

--Ken