Subject: Re: jdk package on -current
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/14/1998 11:16:35
On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Patrick Welche wrote:

: : /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass" in java:/usr/pkg/java/lib/i386/green_threads/libawt.so
: :
: : which is mystifying.
:
: "Me too"

: > Was the pkg compiled on -current, or on 1.3.x libraries and includes?
:
: Good question: I seem to remember it working on 1.3.0 and it's now
: broken on current. Crazy thing is _xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass is defined
: in .../green_threads/libXm.so.0.82 :
:
: 000d8c0c D _xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass

For you, then, I'll assume "compiled on 1.3.x."  The problem here is a bug
in the -current version of the dynamic linker (ld.so), which I'm trying to
contact the author of that bug to get fixed.  For now, you can copy over the
1.3.x binary of /usr/libexec/ld.so and it will work properly.