Subject: Re: jdk package on -current
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/14/1998 16:07:16
On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Sean Doran wrote:

: Does anyone have the JDK package working?
:
: I see this:
:
: : sean.ebone.net ; /usr/pkg/java/bin/appletviewer
: /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass" in java:/usr/pkg/java/lib/i386/green_threads/libawt.so
:
: which is mystifying.

"Me too"

Todd Vierling wrote:

> Was the pkg compiled on -current, or on 1.3.x libraries and includes?

Good question: I seem to remember it working on 1.3.0 and it's now
broken on current. Crazy thing is _xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass is defined
in .../green_threads/libXm.so.0.82 :

000d8c0c D _xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass

If libXm is the motif library - there might be the question of which
lib is being used - motif, lesstif, or the one green_threads. (I just
have the one that comes with the jdk).

Cheers,

Patrick