Subject: A second try at ALSA...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/1998 14:48:53
A month ago I tried to drum up support for the idea of porting the
'Advanced Linux Sound Architecture' to work with NetBSD.  Fool that I
am, I'd forgotten that GPL'd code is anathema to the NetBSD project,
and could not be included in the kernel.

I was just going through and deleting last month's email, and while
reading this message it occurred to me that perhaps a port of ALSA for
NetBSD could be created as a loadable kernel module and distributed
separately from NetBSD.

If possible, I still think this would be a worthwhile project. Just in
case anyone out there is interested, I've included my previous post,
which includes the location of the ALSA project's homepage, a brief
description, and an entreaty to those who might be interested in
working on such a project.

-Zach Fine
czyz@u.washington.edu