Subject: RE: AMD K6/300
To: None <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <mvanloon@MindBender.serv.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/1998 00:01:36
Make sure your motherboard is officially supported (or claims to support
the chip, at least).  It uses different voltages than any of the
Pentiums of yore.

I have a K6-233 and a K6-300.  Both run flawlessly.  And, they're
incredibly fast for the money.  But make sure you have a motherboard
that supports them (I have a FIC PA-2007 for the K6-233 and a FIC
PA-503+ for the K6-300).